How To Outsmart Cyber Attacks - Get Smarter Security Stacks with Lenovo
Find out how we can amp up your cyber security using Lenovo IT products and solutions. Energise Technology is a proudly registered Lenovo partner and local business representative.
- Service Delivery
We're proud to announce that we are now a Lenovo Registered Partner and Local Business Representative.
IT teams are at the epicentre of a massive shift in how and where we work — a change that depends on technology. The need to align IT operations with your overall organizational strategy has never been greater. The pressure is on for IT leaders to fill an expanded role with increased expectations for cross-disciplinary focus and strategic thinking.
IT leaders at every level have a vital role in focusing on innovation while equipping enterprises to thrive, wherever and whatever is next... And Lenovo is here to help!
Amping up security is imperative as hybrid work expands network perimeters and the business risks associated with physical theft, data breaches, and cyberattacks continue to grow.
In fact, cyber incidents now rank at the top of the Allianz Risk Barometer — ahead of supply chain disruptions, natural disasters, and the COVID-19 pandemic. And corporations experienced a 50% increase in cyberattacks overall in 2021. Attacks rose by up to 75% in the education/research and government/military sectors, and security experts report the healthcare sector, manufacturing, and small- to medium-sized businesses are among the most vulnerable organizations.
The scope, scale, and cost of security incidents are expected to continue rising, according to the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). This federal agency attributes the growth in cybercrime to international conflicts, political turmoil, and more malicious actors selling compromised data fraudulently.
The Hybrid IT Challenge
According to Microsoft, cyberattacks afflict 83% of businesses, but only 29% of organizations are able to allocate sufficient resources to create end-to-end security. Protecting the remote workforce and critical IT infrastructure takes a combination of continuous security throughout the device lifecycle and intrinsic security to integrate multiple layers of protection from the chip to the cloud.
The latest innovations in security shield operating systems, simplify device configuration, automate security updates, and offer a new arsenal of integrated technology engineered to protect user identities, secure data, and stop physical theft — right out of the box.
Security Innovations Protect Users and Assets
Advances in computer vision, artificial intelligence, and machine learning shield operating systems defend vulnerable endpoints and prevent unauthorized access to data.8 And the partnership between Microsoft and AMD is a great example of collaboration at work. They are working in tandem with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to shield the Windows 11 operating system and protect devices and users from sophisticated attacks.
The result is PCs that enhance the user experience and work right out of the box. For example, new devices can:
- Shield the operating system from attacks. Processors built into the CPU provide security at the device core and guard against cyberattacks that take control of PCs by isolating the chip from the rest of the enterprise operating system. For instance, combining Microsoft’s Pluton security processor and the AMD Secure Processor (ASP) shields the Windows 11 operating system and provides chip-to-cloud protection for user identity, data, and applications. Hardware and firmware are also easier for IT teams to maintain with automated Windows updates from Microsoft
- Prevent unauthorized access to devices and data. Input/output (I/O) port access controls ensure the integrity of plug-ins that can be infected with malware. And advances in human presence detection (HPD), machine learning, and advanced computer vision use radar to sense motion. As a result, gaze detection can now distinguish between the user and other people, even when wearing face masks. The technology preserves battery life and protects users and devices by sending alerts and automatically blurring or locking display screens.
- Guard against physical theft. Full system memory encryption protects data on lost or stolen PCs, and GPS tracking can identify the location of misplaced or stolen devices with Wi-Fi connectivity. Should a device end up in the wrong hands, AMD Shadow Stack detects and prevents control flow attacks, and AMD Memory Guard scrambles encryption keys stored in the system memory to secure data.
- Protect user credentials and passwords. Embedding the Discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM 2.0) chip into the PC’s core ensures firmware and users are protected with password and security key encryption. The chip also supports features like Windows BitLocker Device Encryption which uses two or more authentication factors to protect hard drives, portal drives, and data on devices.
- Ensure devices boot securely and protect data. Advanced access controls and multi-factor authentication systems also prevent unauthorized access to devices and data.
A Security Ecosystem Protects The Hybrid Workforce
While intrinsic security integrates end-to-end protection from the chip to the cloud, continuous security automates security updates, monitors data and devices, and provides real-time operating system visibility and security alerts.
Smarter technology and multiple layers of protection establish a security ecosystem that enables IT professionals to deploy, monitor, and manage enterprise assets and critical IT infrastructure more efficiently and effectively.
Empower your people to outsmart cybercriminals
Security stacked from the chip to the cloud protects enterprise assets. Built-in security prevents disruptions, arming users with smarter technology to protect devices, data, and privacy — right out of the box.
Would you be interested in learning more? See how Microsoft Pluton and AMD Ryzen™ 6000 Mobile processors are securing the new ThinkPad® Z Series. Contact us, your Local Business Partner to get involved. www.lenovo.com/thinkpad-z-series.
Get in touch with us regarding any #Lenovo questions or enquiries about new solutions on the market.
(Sources: Lenovo, 2022)
Lucy GreenwellMarketing Manager At Energise Technology
Lucy is passionate about writing about technology and third sector insight to help organisations meet the needs of stakeholders and end-users.
If you'd like to know more about how we can help your organisation, please get in touch.